Bagging Meeting Notes 2016-09-27
Meeting Notes, 2016-09-27
Present: Nathan Tallman, Mike Marttila, Jamie Little, Lauren Work, Salwa Ismail, Joe Carrano
- Setting the goal to have the bagging practices survey completed by the 2017 spring membership meeting.
- We will begin meeting biweekly in October, adjusting frequency after the survey is deployed.
- Nathan will send Doodle Poll to set date and time.
- Nathan will establish an emailing list and slack channel for communication
- Development work
- Fedora community actively sprinting on adding a feature to export APTrust and MetaArchive bags from Fedora.
- Artefactual is interested into hooking into a DPN node, open to pull request or sponsored development of adding bag profile selection feature (including APTrust) to Archivematica.
- There is a bag profile project on GitHub. It uses JSON to store a bag profile. The project is stale, but it could be forked and updated. This could provide the bag creation profiles for Archivematica or any project.
- Andrew Diamond has created a bag profile feature under the hood at APTrust.
- Nathan will try to facilitate a conversation around these three efforts.
- Future goals
- Use survey results to create generalized bagging use cases or workflows.
- Aggregate links to all relevant tools.