Main Page Archive
DUMMY DATA BELOW
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki release mailing list
- Localise MediaWiki for your language
- Learn how to combat spam on your wiki
Welcome to the documentation Wiki of the APTrust Archive.
APTrust Archive Documents
These documents describe the organization, policies, practices and plans of the APTrust Archive:
- APTrust: Mission Statement
- APTrust: Governance and Organization
- APTrust: Budget and Planning Process
- APTrust: Business Plan Overview
- APTrust: Business History
- APTrust: Collection Development
- APTrust: Preservation Strategy
- APTrust: Access Policy
- APTrust: Succession Plan
- APTrust: Publisher Agreement
- APTrust: Fees
LOCKSS Program Documents
These documents describe the LOCKSS technology:
- LOCKSS: Basic Concepts
- LOCKSS: Polling and Repair Protocol
- LOCKSS: Format Migration
- LOCKSS: Metadata Database
- LOCKSS: Extracting Bibliographic Metadata
- LOCKSS: Software Development Process
- LOCKSS: Property Server Operations
LOCKSS Adaptations to APTrust Archive Documents
These documents describe how the LOCKSS technology is used by the APTrust Archive:
- APTrust: Threats and Mitigations
- APTrust: Logging and Records
- APTrust: Ingest Pipeline
- APTrust: Box Operations
- APTrust: Extracting Triggered Content
- APTrust: Hardware and Software Inventory
OAIS Conformance Documents
These documents describe the mapping between the APTrust Archive and the OAIS Reference Architecture:
- APTrust: Designated Community
- APTrust: Mandatory Responsibilities
- Definition of SIP
- Definition of AIP
- Definition of DIP
During the preparation for the TRAC audit of the APTrust Archive, it was decided to make as much documentation of the APTrust Archive public as possible. This wiki is the result. The contents have been collected from a variety of sources, including:
- Published papers
- APTrust board minutes and other Board documents
- The LOCKSS team's internal wiki
- The LOCKSS team's ticketing and bug tracking systems
Many of these sources were not intended to be made public, and contained confidential or inappropriate material. The contents of this wiki were extracted from them and reviewed for publication as part of the audit preparations. These pages document:
- The structure, policies and practices of the APTrust Archive.
- The conformance of the APTrust Archive to the OAIS Reference Model
- The policies, practices and technology of the LOCKSS Program, which operates the APTrust Archive under contract to the APTrust Board.
- The adaptations made to the generic LOCKSS technology for the purposes of the APTrust Archive.
As structures, policies, practices and technologies change, these documents will be maintained so that up-to-date information on these topics is available to the public.
In particular, some documents were edited after their initial submission but before release of the certification report by the auditors to clarify issues that arose during the audit process and to include some material from the confidential part of the submission that was judged non-confidential. Viewing the history an individual page will reveal any such changes.
ISO 16363 Criteria
For the purposes of the audit, the wiki also contains a page for each of the ISO 16363 criteria. The audit was actually conducted using the closely-related but shortly to be obsolete TRAC criteria; these pages use the ISO criteria in the interest of future-proofing. The goal for these pages was that they be a finding aid for the auditors, allowing them to easily locate the relevant parts of the documents for each criterion, but that all actual content be in the documents. Thus interested readers can use the documents without needing to refer to the criteria pages:
- 3) Organizational Infrastructure
- 4) Digital Object Management
- 5) Infrastructure and Security Risk Management
The auditors requested additional information, some of which was confidential:
- Requested information that was not confidential was added to the documents in this Wiki. For example, URL lists and metadata for sample AUs were added to Definition of AIP.
- Requested information that was confidential was supplied in a separate Wiki which was deactivated at the end of the audit.
APTrust Permission Statement
APTrust system has permission to ingest, preserve, and serve this Archival Unit.